In today’s fast-paced world, software testing is becoming increasingly important for organizations to ensure that their software products meet the highest standards of quality. One tool that has been widely used for automation testing is QTP (QuickTest Professional), now known as UFT (Unified Functional Testing). This tool offers a wide range of advantages and features that make it an ideal choice for developers and testers.
What is QTP/UFT Automation Testing Tool?
QTP stands for QuickTest Professional and is now known as UFT (Unified Functional Testing). QTP/UFT is a software testing tool that helps testers automate various testing activities, such as functional testing, regression testing, and data-driven testing. This tool enables testers to simulate user actions on web or desktop applications and helps them identify defects in the software product. QTP/UFT is a powerful software testing tool that was originally developed by Mercury Interactive, later acquired by HP and is now owned by MicroFocus.
Why is QTP the best testing tool?
Here are some factors that show QTP is the best testing tool-
1. User-friendly interface: QTP/UFT has an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that makes it easy for testers to create and manage test cases, without requiring extensive programming knowledge.
2. Versatility: The tool supports various testing types, such as functional testing, regression testing, and data-driven testing, and offers a comprehensive set of features.
3. Compatibility: QTP/UFT is compatible with a wide range of programming languages, including VBScript, Java, and C#. It is also compatible with various operating systems, making it ideal for testing web and desktop applications.
4. Advanced capabilities: QTP/UFT offers advanced features such as keyword-driven testing, test batch execution, and integration with ALM tools, among others.
5. Time-saving: QTP/UFT’s ability to automate testing activities saves time and effort for testers, allowing them to focus on other critical tasks.
6. Quality assurance: By automating testing activities, QTP/UFT helps to improve the quality of software products by identifying defects early in the development cycle.
7. QTP Testing is based on the scripting language VB script: which is widely used and easy to learn for software testers. This allows testers to write test scripts quickly and easily, improving overall efficiency and productivity.
Advantages of QTP/UFT Automation
QTP/UFT automation can significantly increase the efficiency of software testing by reducing the time and effort required to run tests.
Enhanced Test Coverage
QTP/UFT automation enables testers to perform more tests in less time, resulting in enhanced test coverage.
QTP/UFT automation allows testers to create and reuse automated test scripts, saving time and effort in future testing cycles.
QTP/UFT automation supports XML, making it easy to integrate with other tools and systems.
QTP/UFT automation eliminates the risk of human error in testing, ensuring that tests are performed accurately and consistently.
While there may be an initial investment in QTP/UFT automation tools, it can ultimately save costs in the long run by reducing the time and effort required for testing. Automation also eliminates the need for manual testers, which can be costly.
Easy to Maintain
QTP/UFT automation tests are easy to maintain, as changes can be made quickly and easily to the underlying code.
Supports Record and Playback
QTP/UFT automation supports record and playback, enabling testers to quickly and easily create test scripts by recording their actions in the application.
Features of QTP/UFT Automation
QTP/UFT automation supports keyword-driven testing, which allows testers to define and use keywords to describe test steps and expected results. This makes test scripts more readable and maintainable and reduces the time and effort required to create and maintain tests.
QTP/UFT automation includes an Object Repository, which stores information about the objects in the application being tested. This makes it easy to identify and interact with objects in the application during testing.
QTP/UFT automation also includes an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that makes it easy to create and maintain tests. The IDE provides a user-friendly interface for creating, editing, and running tests, as well as a range of debugging and testing tools.
Another feature of QTP/UFT automation is that it supports cross-browser testing, which allows testers to verify that the application works correctly in different web browsers. This is important, as different browsers may interpret web pages and scripts differently, leading to functional and layout issues.
QTP/UFT automation also supports advanced debugging features, such as breakpoints, watch points, and step-by-step debugging, that make it easy to identify and fix issues in test scripts.
QTP/UFT automation is a powerful tool that offers a range of advanced features to make testing more efficient and effective. QTP/UFT automation provides a variety of tools and functionalities that help testers create, execute, and maintain tests with ease. Its user-friendly interface and advanced debugging features make it easy for testers to identify and fix issues in their tests.
If you want to learn QTP/UFT, Get Software Service stands out as a top provider of training in this field. With experienced trainers and comprehensive course materials, Get Software Services offers a range of training options to help learners become proficient in QTP automation testing.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced tester, Get Software Services has a course for you. Our QTP training covers everything from the basics of QTP automation to more advanced topics.
Moreover, Get Software Service offers flexible training options to fit the needs of every learner. QTP training can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, and at a pace that works for each individual.