Software testing can be defined as the process in which checking is done whether the actual results are matching with that of the expected results or not. Ensuring whether the software system is defect-free or not is also included in this process. In this process, the software component or system component is executed in order to evaluate one or more properties of interest. Identification of When compared to actual requirements, errors, gaps and missing requirements are identified through this process.
Both manual and automated methods can be implemented in this process. Software testing process can otherwise be known as verification of Application Under Test (AUT). This software testing is very much important due to the software bugs which can be expensive or dangerous. Due to software bugs There would be heavy monetary and human loss by these software bugs which is why, these software bugs are known to be very dangerous. Software testing is of nearly three types.
The types are,
- Functional testing
- Performance testing
- Maintenance testing
Above given are among the basic types. However, the whole list is comprising of greater than 150 types of software testing and the list is being updated with newer types still.
Software testing job opportunities in USA
These days it has been common that, almost 94-98% of the population in USA, is being seen online availability in one or another way. While they are showing their online presence, most of them have been using some or other kind of software. These days software usage has been basic. This developments in such rapidly revolutionizing world, have made us prone to greater chances of getting scammed or hacked. The way for the scams or loss is cleared by the software bugs. This makes the software testing necessary and brings it a greater need in countries like USA. Due to this there is increase in the availability of job opportunities in the field of software testing in USA. There is availability to recruit many individuals who are eligible for posts like software tester QA, software tester assistant, software test analyst, junior software tester.
Software testing job-related statistics in USA
In USA, due to the increase in the usage of the software, the requirement of trained and qualified individuals in order to fill the posts generated by the software testing field in USA have greatly increased. The opportunities are greatly influenced by the below given factors
- Quality along with efficacy is needed by all the scales of organisations.
- In order to avoid the bug’s consequences, each and every software needs to be tested
- The vacancies in the posts for software testing have increased when we compare with those in the past.
- About 60% of today’s business is contributing in the online presence of individuals in USA
- Software testing field is taking a long time to fill the vacant job positions as there is lack of awareness regarding the field and availability of vast number of opportunities to utilise from. Which is different in other fields.
The average pay scale of software testing posts in USA
$22.35 per hour and $55,742 per year is the average salary of a software tester in USA. From about $39,000 per annum, the salary starts for a fresher in the software testing field. However, an experienced individual can earn about $86,000 per year. $18.39 per hour and $60,000 per year is the average salary of a quality assurance tester compensation in USA. In a regular job, you get paid irrespective of your performance. But in software testing, you only get paid depending on your performance. This makes it necessary to work hard in order to earn great in this field. And in countries like USA, earning great is rather more necessary.
Types of jobs in software testing
In this field, there are various positions, ranging from a simple support person to a full-time dealer of software. As this field too needs support from experts, it is necessary to give them a medium to contact the ones dealing with the software. Similar to any other fields, different grades of individuals need to work together by coordinating with each other all the times.
The various jobs in the software testing field are,
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Quality Assurance Team Coordinator
- Test Manager
- Automation Test Engineer
- Performance Test Engineer
- Business Analyst
Job responsibilities of software testers
- Allotting or describing the testing activities to the subordinates who are, testers or test engineers
- Planning the test
- Making sure that all the necessary resources required for the execution of testing activities are available.
- Making sure that the test is passing hand to hand through all the planned passes or not
- Preparation of the status report of the testing activities
- Interaction with the customers
- Regular updating of the testing activities to the project manager
- Reading and understanding of all the necessary documents that need to be tested
- Deciding how to test based on the above-procured information
- Informing the test lead regarding the requirement of resources for the testing to be done
- Development of test cases and prioritisation of testing activities
- Execution of all the test cases
- Reporting of defects
- Defining the severity and priority for each defect
- Fixing of defects
USA visa process
- You need to check whether you need an US visa
- Then you need to choose the type of US visa you need
- Then you need to fill up the application form DS-160
- Then you need to pay the application fee
- Then you must schedule visa interview
- Then, compile the document file
- Attend the visa interview
- Wait for the visa processing to be done
How to Learn Software Testing Course in USA?
Get Software Services Inc is of the top software testing training institute in Canada/USA. We have a comprehensive program to help you learn in-depth about Software Testing. Our software testing course is offered in online and e-learning mode. We offer the best software testing course for students from USA and Canada.